MEA is a consortium of energy delivery industry organizations that connect their electric and gas employees, corporate services and management personnel to pursue operational excellence, enhancing customer and employee safety, productivity, and positive customer relations.
We accomplish this by:
- Pooling expertise and dollars to create unique, high-value services such as: 400+ training courses, recordkeeping tools, public safety programs, workforce recruitment, and development initiatives.
- Providing a forum for expressing ideas, sharing information, and developing solutions to identified problems. Our website, midwestenergy.org, offers a wide variety of connection and information opportunities.
- Conducting major operating summits, training seminars and classes for electric and gas employees, corporate services and management.
- Creating blended learning training and certification services. These are available on the internet at EnergyU.org, or your company intranet, or may be deployed by instructors in the classroom. Materials include: comprehensive and engaging training material, knowledge tests, hands-on evaluations where needed, and learner management and recordkeeping systems.
- Developing compliance tools to meet OSHA, OQ, and emerging electric worker qualification requirements.